Wednesday 17 October 2012

A girls, girl.

I'm not a very girly girl. In fact, most girls frustrate me. I don't fuss over hair, make up and other girl things. Coming to Gladstone as made me realise I am more girl than I thought. They don't have a David Jones, Myer, Westfield etc. I am left wondering where do people buy their clothes, make up,  beauty products?? I don't normally buy supermarket beauty products, although I do make the odd exception. I have temperamental skin so I require products which aren't going to dry out my skin further or make me break out in dermatitis.  I have scoured the Earth finding products that suit me and I quick look through the shops here and they are no where to be found. 

I wandered through Kmart, Big W and Target Country, the three shops they do have here and wondered what people do for clothes. Don't get me wrong, I often buy clothes from these stores but it would appear these shops in Gladstone, are about ten years behind the times. Are people happy being outdated, is it so hot they don't wear clothes (i am in favour of this option) or maybe they don't care. I never thought I cared until I came to Gladstone. 

In Canberra we are always complaining, that for a city, it is so behind the times. The stores stock the same clothes, the department stores only stock selected items and everyone shops at the same stores. I will never complain again. I am thankful in this day and age we have the internet where I can online shop to my hearts content. Failing that I will get my family to post me my beloved items.

No comments:

Post a Comment